For details on what Outlook Mobile Service (OMS) is, see here.
The Microsoft Outlook Mobile Service (OMS) allows you to send SMS from your Microsoft Outlook account—supported with Outlook 2007 and 2010 ONLY.
If your version of Microsoft Outlook is not compatible, please use our Email to SMS service or the SMSGlobal MXT portal to send SMS.
Below are the steps to set up Outlook Mobile Service in Microsoft Outlook 2007. If you are not using Microsoft Outlook 2007, please refer to the article on how to set up Outlook Mobile Services in Microsoft Outlook 2010.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2007. In the top menu, click on 'Tools', then click on 'Account Settings'.
2. Under the email tab, click on 'New'.
3. Select 'Outlook Mobile Service (Text Messaging)' and click 'Next'.
4. Under 'Server Information' enter the following details: Web Service Address: https://outlook.smsglobal.com/
Under 'Logon Information', enter the following details:
Your Master API Key, which can be found in MXT under API & Integrations > API Keys
User ID: Your Master API Key Username
Password: Your Master API Key Password
5. Click on 'Test Account Settings' and then click 'Yes' to send a test message to your mobile phone.
If the credentials are correct, you should receive an SMS on your mobile.
6. Restart Outlook.
7. Click on 'New' and then click on 'Text Message'.
8. Enter the number you wish to send to or click on 'To' to enter a contact from the address book.
Type your message in the text area.
Please ensure (SMSGlobal OMS) is present above the 'To' field as it indicates messages are pushed out through SMSGlobal.
9. Click 'Send' to send the message to the requested number.