Before you set up and send a campaign in MXT you need to prepare your contact lists. Please refer to the article on How to set up a contact list in MXT for steps on this.
Once you have set up your contact list, you’re ready to create an SMS campaign and to start sending.
1. Select ‘Send Messages’ on the left-hand side of the MXT menu, then click on ‘Campaigns’.
2. Select the ‘Create Campaign’ tab to set up your campaign.
Campaign creation is separated into the following sections: 'Who', 'What', 'When', 'Test & Confirm'.
3. Give your campaign a name and make sure that it's something that you can easily identify with later (this will be used for future reporting).
4. Choose the contact list you would like to send to in the 'To' section.
Note: If you forgot to make a contact list before you created your campaign, click on the ‘Forgot to create a group?’ option to make a new contact list. For detailed steps, please refer to the article: How to create a contact list in MXT.
Note: If you need to import a list of contacts from a file, click on the 'Need to import contacts from a file?' option. Please refer to How to upload a file of contacts to MXT if you need further instructions.
5. Under 'From', select the name or number that you want your messages to be sent from. This will show up on your recipient's mobile phone. Details on available Sender ID options are available here.
Note: Only virtual numbers, verified numbers and shared numbers can receive replies from your recipients.
6. Once you have chosen your Sender ID, click ‘Next’ to continue.
7. Write your SMS content in the ‘Message’ box and enter the text you would like to send to your contact list.
You can personalise your message with ‘Merge Fields’ by clicking on the 'insert merge field' drop-down box. Merge fields will automatically add personalised information about a contact that you wish to include, such as their ‘Given Name’, ‘Family Name’ or any custom contact list field (as long as this information is included in your imported group contact excel file).
8. Once you have composed your message, you can create rules and triggers.
If you wish to create reply rules and triggers for your campaign:
Enter the 'keyword' that you would like recipients to reply with in order to receive an automated campaign response.
Select whether you would like to send a response immediately, send a delayed response or an opt-out response with the reply rules.
Write what you would like the response to be and click on 'Create reply triggers' to continue.
For further information on reply rules and triggers, please refer to the article on What are Campaign Triggers?
9. Click ‘Next’ to continue.
10. Now it’s time to send your campaign. At this point, you have three different sending options:
Send it now: Sends the campaign straight away
Schedule for later: Sends the campaign at a predefined future date and time
Stagger my campaign: Gradually delivers the campaign to your recipients
11. Once you have chosen how you want your campaign to be sent, you will be able to calculate the total cost of sending the campaign.
Test & Confirm
12. Test and confirm that your campaign details are correct and that you're happy and ready to send.
If you wish to edit your information, click on the 'pencil edit tool', to make any changes.
If you wish to send a test message, enter the mobile number that you wish to send the test message to underneath 'test recipient'.
13. Once you are happy with everything and ready to send your campaign, select ‘Finish’ or 'Save for Later’ to come back to the campaign at another time.